Wednesday 15 January 2014

Creativity


Due to the increase of technology and the number of artists that are currently on the market within the media, creating an innovative music video proved to be difficult. Similarly, the number of magazines available has significantly increased. Whilst creating my AS magazine, I used ‘Q’ magazine as a stimulus which allowed me to use elements of this and adapt them to fit my style. For example, my contents page was heavily influenced by Q- the use of boxes and easily identifiable sections allowed for easy navigation and looked appealing to the eye. I decided to use this layout because it would ensure a reader could go straight to the page they were looking for rather than looking through the entire magazine; one element especially being the artist index which would direct them straight to specific artists.

The main element of my images from the photo shoot I conducted was the t-shirt I made for my model to wear; I got a plain white t-shirt and decorated it using brightly coloured paints drawing images such as hearts, peace symbols and musical notes and writing lyrics from top iconic songs. This looked very unique and creative making my model stand out on the pages intriguing readers in. This worked effectively within the images as readers would get to know the artist just from this and see that she likes to stand out and is different which would make them want to read all about her.

Similarly to the creativity of costume within AS, this then followed onto A2 as I recreated the 1950’s era through costume. I styled the actors in a way which would strongly suggest it was set in the 50s such as a circle skirt for the female and straight trousers, a shirt and braces for the male. The female costume was especially made which allowed me to carefully choose the correct material and patterning that I felt would look the most effective within my music video. Furthermore, the make-up and hair was essential to further enhance the mise-en-scene from the 50s era.

During the editing process, I added RGB colour adjustment layer which allowed me to play around with the brightness, contrast etc. I created this so that the footage all looked very saturated and removed a lot of the brightness of the colour e.g. the red lipstick. This made the overall music video look more like an actual video from the 1950s further adding to the tone and styling of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment